Just returned from Los Angeles to find this lovely gift from Shannon.
The deal is that I am now supposed to share 7 things about myself. Seven things you don’t know. And then pass on the BB award to some other great bloggers. So my 7 things are:
- I had to really resist buying myself a bowed psaltery last weekend. Good thing I did resist because the one I almost bought at a craft fair in Ohio was $550, and now I see they are like $200-300 online. I have the desire to be able to make music and this thing is so pretty sounding. And it looks relatively easily, unlike the
- …lifelong dream I have had to play the banjo. When I get honest about it I have to admit I like LISTENING to the banjo more than I’d probably enjoy learning to play it.
- I ate seitan for the first time today, at a vegan Japanese restaurant in Little Tokyo. It was not one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted in my life. But I could survive on it on a desert island.
- I met Maya Soetero-Ng yesterday! (sister of president Obama) She is one of my new heroes. She is so amazingly articulate, smart, gracious and funny. AND she has a really surprisingly deep voice. She was signing copies of Kip Fulbeck’s book MIXED, for which she wrote the Foreward. Amazing event!!!!!
- I’m going to Yellowstone for family vacation this summer. Did you know that?
- One of my first published stories, “Origami,” is on the Reading section of the SAT. Ha! I read it at the Mixed Roots Literary & Film Festival in Los Angeles today.
- I have a brand new website that incorporates all aspects of my crazy juggling life!!!!!!!!
I would now like to pass on the Beautiful Blogger award to the following bloggers. No obligation necessary, but if you’d like to keep passing it on, that would be beautiful! (no pressure though)
- Jack Sh*t. (will he blush if I call him beautiful?) I loooooooove his most recent WIDTH notecard project (“Why I Do This Here,” “this” referring to healthy lifestyle) even though I have been too busy/lazy to submit my own notecard (yet).
- Kalyn’s Kitchen: a neverending source of low-carb and South Beachy or diabetic friendly recipes. With awesome photos. I have discovered many meals here that are now our hands-down family favorites.
- One Sweeter Life: because she’s diabetic, and a runner, and likes gadgets like I do, and I love the honesty in her writing.
- Balanced Body Blog: this a new young blogger with a lot of wisdom and thoughtfulness in her posts. Follow and support her!
- Opposite Life: my buddy @Pubsgal! And an incredibly inspiring triathlete.
- Second Helping Online: a great blog about the life of weight loss maintenance – I always learn something new here.
- FitMindBodySpirit: @dailykat! because who else do you know who has exercised MORE THAN 365 days in a row!!!!!? Super inspiring!