Day 17 – Saturday, Nov. 17
My strengths and weaknesses list post
Health Playlist. Make a playlist for your health community
The music that I listen to when I run means a lot to me. Often it moves me to tears. It keeps me going. This is a little sample of my “must listen to” music when I’m running.
- God Says Nothing Back, by the Wallflowers. This song is just the perfect rhythm for my running pace. If I just had one song to listen to over and over while I run, this would be it.
- Friend of the Devil by the Counting Crows. This slower version really works for me. And the part about “set out running but I take my time” always resonates with me and makes me smile.
- Home by Marc Broussard. Fantastic nonstop pound it out song. Makes me just pump it out and GO. Great for bringing up the energy.
- Drive by Incubus. This one is kind of fast for me but it really also gets me going. The lyrics speak to me.
Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I cant help but ask myself how much I’ll let the fear take the wheel and steer
It’s driven me before, it seems to have a vague
Haunting mass appeal
Lately I’m beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
- Radio Nowhere by Bruce.
- You Found Me by the Fray. If I hear this song when I am driving my car, it makes me want to stop the car, get out and run.
- For the Summer by Ray LaMontagne. This is a gentle, loping song. I just love Ray. And I laugh out loud and sing along when he sings “I’m tired… I’m tired…”
- It Won’t Take Long by Ferron. This is a long song, almost 8 minutes, and it’s one of my almost perfect running songs. “Don’t you want to see yourself as strong?” Yes, I do.
- Wild World by Cat Stevens. Another slow loper. This is a great cool down song.
- Human Wheels by John Mellencamp. Great running song. Yeah, human wheels keep going.
- Come to Jesus by Mindy Smith. I am not a religious person, but this song gives me religion. Especially when running.
- Safe and Sound by Capital Cities. This was the background music for the Big Blue Test video I did, and will always make me feel emotional and motivated.
Those are my top running songs. If I hear any of them when I’m not running, they make me WANT to run. I know, I know, running with earbuds is unsafe and all. I usually just wear in one ear and let the other one dangle so I can hear what’s going on in the environment too. I will forever be grateful to some of these songs for getting me going when little else would. I can now run without music because I’ve trained myself to do it but I will always have a soft spot for these tunes.
November 18, 2012 at 11:28 pm
I love this playlist! I hadn’t heard of many of the songs/artists so I downloaded them. Thanks!
November 19, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Oh that’s what that question meant! I could never exercise without music…fortunately, I’m always in a gym, so nothing unsafe about doing so. Music is so important!