So I have no idea what to expect from TBL tonight. My daughter (who is 2 times zones ahead) texted me and said it was “crazy.” Crazy good, crazy bad, I don’t know. So here goes.
- Helen recaps the decision to send Shanon home. She questions herself as a mother. I don’t. Mama, you did the right thing.
- Music of doom. Pop challenge: black and blue shirts -the teams are going to reconfigure. I don’t understand Sione’s attachment to Bob. Ooh the winners get to choose trainers. WHO ON EARTH would choose to work with Bob? Psycho yoga man.
- Challenge: up and down, 100x in the mud. They love mud wrestling! Kristin will win, ha. 🙂 Kristin FLOPS. I love her! I can tell you these up-down things are damn hard. I’ve done a version of this (sans mud) with my trainer, all the way down and then leaping up. It’s hard. Tara wins. She’s bawling in the mud. I’d be bawling too. Sometimes these exercises are really emotionally draining. I’ve burst into tears more than once after finishing a real killer.
- I have to say I really don’t understand the concept of this team thing on this show.
- Wow, NOBODY is getting what they want. Sione is such a sad little hangdog.
- Sione, Jillian is going to push you a millionx more than Bob. You have no idea how much better this is going to be.
- Mikey has a great attitude, and J is pushing him SO MUCH.
- Wah wah wah wah. All the guys are crying. Cue the violins!! Now the cheesy vocals. BAD.
- Bob, be a man. Be a professional.
- STOP WHINING PEOPLE! You know, I love my trainer. I adore my trainer. But he needed to take some time off and he handed me off to someone he trusted. (his own trainer) and guess what? Trainer #2 was freaking AWESOME. I learned new great things. It was tremendous.
- They’re trying not to laugh their faces off at Jillian’s Ziploc product placement. Hah.
- Bike challenge. I would SO FAIL at this!! It’s like “They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?” (about the dance marathons of olden days)
- Favorite quotes so far: “My ass is on fire.” “Uh huh, it will go numb, don’t worry.” HA!
- Cue the Gladiator music!
- Wow. Mandi wants to throw in the towel! BLACK TEAM, SAY NO!
- Aw Sione is not a quitter. Blue team is bummmmmmmmed.
- “the reason we are all here is that we always quit before, we didn’t finish what we started.” YEAH.
- One minute left! This is very exciting. Ha, Helen’s still going even though they counted to zero.
- GO BLACK TEAM. Yeahhhh…
- I love how the two teams are hugging each other.
- More tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
My response overall: this was a good show. I got all choked up AGAIN when Sione talked about not quitting. I can remember my earliest days of quitting in the face of a physical challenge. I was on the high school track team. Originally I was supposed to be a sprinter, doing the 220m (1/4 mile) but like EVERYOne wanted to do the 220m so they switched me over to the 880. Which is just a brutal, horrible killer, of having to really pump out for two entire laps rather than.. half a lap. So many times, during a meet I would end up dying somehow at around 1.5 laps; I’d twist my ankle, or get injured, or throw up or pass out or god knows what. But I was so terrified of losing that I just took myself out, over and over. That was a very bad precedent to set. However, I do not remember ANYbody being there or encouraging me to keep going, so I never did. It was very lonely. I didn’t last too long at track, maybe 2 years max.
Leave a Reply