Okay, so I must be feeling better. I’m making up my wish list of active events for the coming year. And: I would LOVE COMPANY at any of these!!!!!! Tell me if you want to join in! Remember, the “company” is for before/after shmoozing. I go at my own pace which may be much slower or faster (<<ha ha unlikely!) than another person. But I love sharing events with people and especially reading race or event recaps where I shared the same experience.
- January 29: Dam Run 5k (I downgraded from a 10k just because of my shaky health and that I still have not run a mile this year!!) — COMPLETED! YAY!
- January 30: My Healthaversary! TWO YEARS of health and fitness, yahoo! A ritual hike to the labyrinth at Sibley Volcanic Park, followed by awesome lunch at my house. Email me if you want to attend.
- March 27: Fight For Air Stair Climb – sign up for our team!! East Bay Fit Club! I am about to post about the amazing fundraiser I’m doing to raise some $$ for the American Lung Assocation.
- March 28: Oakland Running Festival – not sure yet if I’m going to do a Team Relay or go for the Half-Marathon. It all depends on how my running goes in Jan/Feb.
- May 15: Bay to Breakers! My first! Yahooo!
- May 20: Fitbloggin! Including the Fitbloggin’ 5k! Yay!
- September 4: Disneyland Half Marathon
- December 4: Rock ‘n Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon!
January 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm
How fun for you! You must be near the bay area since you are doing Bay to Breakers and the Oakland Running Festival. I am in the south bay (Santa Clara)
January 19, 2011 at 8:54 pm
Yes, I’m in the East Bay!! Will you be doing any of these local races?
January 20, 2011 at 1:59 am
I will be doing the Disneyland half marathon with you. I promise
January 20, 2011 at 2:06 am
yay Pauly! that makes me so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 20, 2011 at 4:23 am
Put me down for the last three on your list! I’ll be at FitBloggin’, cheering you on at Disneyland since I live just a couple of miles from the park, and (hopefully) doing the half in Vegas. 🙂
January 20, 2011 at 10:18 am
Too bad there are none in Ohio! I would participate with
ya! Too bad they dont bring all WW leaders together for a annual
conference on best practices etc etc like in NYC. Woudnt that be
cool? Probably too expensive BUT there must be a way to do it on a
shoestring budget. It just would be so totally cool to meet so many
January 20, 2011 at 5:05 pm
wow so much stuff! have fun!
January 21, 2011 at 1:17 am
What – no Nike Women’s Marathon (or half)?
January 29, 2011 at 11:33 pm
Great list! I made a similar list outlining the things I wanted to participate in this year (ironically it involves my local Fight For Air climb and FitBloggin’, whoot!). Have fun with your trainings and your efforts in tackling all of the things on your wish list! :o)