Are these resolutions? I don’t know. They’re more like a list of things I want to accomplish in the coming year. Many of them are kind of ambitious. I have to say, that having the success I did here in 2009 has boosted my confidence for ANY goals. So I am ready to take these on.
Here goes. In 2010, I hereby declare, I intend to:
- Complete a half marathon on February 7th. Given the state of my ankle, any sort of locomotion (walk/jog/run) is fine with me, as long as I complete in the allotted time, which I believe is at a 14min/mile pace.
- RUN one-quarter of the first Oakland Marathon on March 28th. YAY Team Penguin!!
- Qualify to join the National Weight Control Registry. If I maintain at least a 30 lb weight loss by June 23, 2010, I will qualify.
- Pitch, write and publish an article (hopefully about the benefits of blogging for health and weight loss) in Weight Watchers magazine. It would make me no less than ecstatic if I could somehow merge my health and writer selves.
- Fit into my 1988 wedding dress.
- Become a WW Diamond Leader by the end of 2010. This means being in the top 20% of leaders in the country – in terms of members losing weight and being successful, and a few other parameters. This would be so awesome!
- I might keep adding to this list as the year goes on.
December 30, 2009 at 7:11 pm
I am here to cheer you on. I look forward to reading about your status as the year goes on.
Let me know how I can support you in your goals.
You are so Fabulous!
Happy New Year!
December 31, 2009 at 10:25 am
Those are all great goals. Is your ankle holding up okay these days? I think I made just about a 14 minute mile pace for my sole 5K and it kicked my butt! Not used to running (well, okay, jogging.) I’m so enjoying the decluttering blog. I need that and a “clean up your finances” style blog.
December 31, 2009 at 12:47 pm
Ohhh, finances! Maybe I’ll tackle THAT one in 2011….