Today was SUCH a better day than yesterday. Whew! I don’t have a huge amount of time, but here’s a summary:
- It’s July 1 and many people were ruminating on their New Year’s resolutions and what has happened in this first half of 2009. Well, I have to say it has been totally awesome from my perspective. It has way surpassed my expectations. In fact, on January 1, 2009 I was so overweight and bummed and hopeless about it, I did not make any resolutions because I felt there was no chance of making good on anything. Then on January 17th I got my pre-diabetes diagnosis and everything changed. I began this blog. I started seeking out a healthy community. And, as they say, the rest is history. My body and self have changed more in these six months than any other period in my life, other than pregnancy. (or perhaps the first six months) It has been a great period of transformation. I’m really happy with the first half of this year, and anticipate an excellent 2nd half as well. (I’ll be turning 50!)
- I had two MD appointments today: with my endocrinologist and my cardiologist. Both were totally impressed and pleased with my progress in every area. My weight loss and exercise have made for some dramatic and good changes in my blood pressure, blood glucose, lipids and other important health numbers. The two of them did convince me that it is time to go on statins, and this time I felt OK about it and I agreed. I’m cool with it. I will pick up my Zocor tomorrow.
- I did two workouts today and I felt great with both: first, I did level 2 of Jillian Michael’s 30Day Shred. I guess I’m not going to Shred in 30 days since I hardly do it every day. But it felt really good. It IS a lot harder than level 1, but I kept it up and even followed the Hard Girl for about 80% of it. I was sweating rivers when I was done, and felt great. She had some moves in there that I had never done before, like “plank-jacks” (horizontal jumping jacks while in plank position) and oblique twists. I was psyched about it. Then this evening I did the Cemetery Workout (yes in a cemetery – photos here) and one of my old workout buddies whom I haven’t seen in FOREVER showed up, and that was big fun.
- I received an email from someone I had not heard from in 10 years, and it made me very happy.
- I was happy that my “tired” state from yesterday really lasted only like 24 hours. I am as bouncy as ever today.
July 2, 2009 at 3:17 am
Woohoo! Sounds like it’s a great year so far. 🙂
July 2, 2009 at 8:33 am
What an amazing 1st half of 2009 you’ve had — life changing. What motivation for others to see that is IS possible to improve your live, get healthier, and be (and feel) happier inside & out.
You go girl!!
July 2, 2009 at 9:00 am
July 2, 2009 at 10:42 am
It sounds as if you had a great day… And of course a great year! You are always an inspiration to me!
July 2, 2009 at 12:58 pm
Wow, what an amazing progress in 6 months!
Here’s to hoping the next 6 months are just as great for you! 🙂
July 2, 2009 at 6:07 pm
Loved reading your wonderful, positive take on the first half of this year. You’ve really made great strides and have so much to be proud of! I have no doubt whatsoever that the second half of the year will be even better for you,
I can relate with your eagerness to ring in your 50th birthday a much leaner, fitter, healthier you. That’s my plan, too, for my 60th this November! Honestly…life just keeps getting better. 😀
Keep up the great work!
July 2, 2009 at 9:41 pm
Way to go!!! (And hey, your a1c is ALSO most definitely in the rock star category! Yeay!!!)
July 3, 2009 at 12:46 am
Definitely a great year so far, Ms!! I am so glad you are doing well. 🙂
July 3, 2009 at 7:15 am
SO SO SO LOVE READING THIS.
glad things are on an uber upswing your way.
July 3, 2009 at 10:49 am
That IS an awesome year! Congratulations all around! And thank you for such an energizing post. I was going to take today off, but I’m going to go lift weights now 🙂