I’d say that 2011 was overall very positive for me, health and activity-wise. Here’s a peek at what went on last year:
- first snowshoe adventure, New Mexico
- 2nd year as Weight Watchers leader
- 2nd “Healthaversary” Party
I took my first of two trips to Baltimore last year!
- running in the snow
- meeting the awesome Roni for the first time!
- The “Fight for Air” Stairclimb with Sabrina
- View from the top: 110 flights up!
- Oakland Running Festival Twilight 5k THE NEXT DAY!
That was quite a weekend.
- featured in story in Oakland Trib about running after injuries
- Trip to London (here on Abbey Road)
- and Paris (Notre Dame)
- Good thing we walked a lot because typical breakfast = croissants and cheese
- My first Bay to Breakers. CRAZY!
Yeah, people run naked. Why??
100th Anniversary medal was pretty nice
Major highlight of 2011: Fitbloggin!
MizFitOnline herself! I love Carla.
Best. Roomies. Ever.
Thank you Roni!!
Nia dance party for my friend Audrey's Bday
NorCal Fitbloggin' Local Meetup
of course there was tons of awesome food
signed up for Team in Training to do my first triathlon!
met the best training buddy EVER
started riding a bike after 20 years
started swimming after 18 years
A few bumps and bruises
Learned how to put on a wetsuit
Look, Ma! No hand!
Dealing with the mental game
"Stories of the Body" Retreat at Santa Sabina
giving the course a test run
practice "mini tri" with paper medal
Featured story in local paper
Holy moley, I did it.
Joined the TNT Hike/Snowshoe Team
Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot with WW folks
Las Vegas Santa Claus 5k!
Looking back, I have to say I feel good about it. That was quite a year. I kept pushing myself and finding new and different things to do. I think that’s the name of the game. Keep going. Keep improving and challenging.
What’s in store for 2012? I’m starting out with a New Year’s Day 10k run. Then I’m doing the TinkerBell Half Marathon in Disneyland with my two daughters (fun!) on January 29th. February 5th is the TNT Snowshoe Hike in Yosemite (prettty!) and then I’m diving into a new season of triathlon training, this time as a mentor. I can’t wait to get back to training again!! Would you like to be on my team and become a triathlete in 2012? Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can!!
What did you do in 2011 for health and fitness’ sake? What are your plans for 2012? I want to know!!