I recently read an article that described how people who fidget more tend to be a lot thinner. I found this very intriguing. I tend to be pretty restless, especially when sitting. So I was especially interested in reading this post on Weight Loss With The Fabulous Fatties’ blog. (we are doing a blog post swap!) It’s pretty funny too, but truly useful for weight loss!
It’s Saturday and I (Angie) am working, or supposed to be, but apparently I am blogging. Has anyone with a desk job tried to sit on an exercise ball while at work? A couple years back I was seeing a nutritionist who recommended I try this. I didn’t at the time, but have done it a few times more recently, and am in fact sitting on a sleek silver exercise ball as we speak. I recommend everyone this this as it does use some muscle’s for balancing (legs, stomach and booty). Oh… I just had a great thought! I am renaming this exercise ball to my blogging ball and I will force myself to sit on it when ever I am blogging or twittering.
However, this advice does come with a WARNING!
- Do not reach for items out of your reach, the ball will roll and you will fall flat on your face.
- Do not try to scoot the ball, it does not have wheels like your cushy office chair and you will fall.
- People will look at you like you are crazy! Now I am used to this type of reaction from people. One lady I work with calls me her “eccentric friend” but some of you may be more sensitive than I to others reactions.
- Co-workers will probably steal your ball when you leave your desk to go potty and you will have to hunt it down, which unfortunately decreases productivity. Bit of Advice: always check the supply closet first!
- When standing up do not scoot your ball back you will fall on your head and have a minor concussion. Most employers will expect you to still work with a minor concussion.
- Do not lean forward to get a closer look at your computer screen while on the exercise ball as you will face plant into your desk and get a bloody nose and possibly some mouth bleeding.
- If you suck in your gut and sit tall while on the exercise ball you will get tired at a quicker rate.
I’m just sayin’ sit on the ball with caution!
Have a FABULOUSweekend and eat a brownie for me, preferably one with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and pecans. I had a skinny friend once tell me nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I think she believed that so I never shared my brownies with her!
Thanks for the great tip, Angie!!
And for those of you for whom a ball does not provide enough fidgety movement, you can always try Ellen’s Hawaii chair!!